3.27.2011

Better After.

Fact: I frequent the Goodwill almost daily. 
Fact: I am obsessed with crafting, DIY blogs. 

Combine the two and you get my latest little project. The blog Better After  is pretty amazing and totally inspired me on this one. I am thinking about submitting it. Not sure if I will though...

The table. $19.99. Spotted on Friday March 25th, 2011. I know what you're thinking..."Boy Sharon, that is an ugly piece of !@*!?"

Luckily it fit perfectly in my car. Here it is in my little home with my model girl, Leche. 
JoAnns was having a paper sale so I got ten sheets of this paper for $2.00. Meant to be? I mod podged the bottom side of the glass. This was my first time mod podging glass, and it was better than I thought.  

Got some paint at the local Lowes and painted said table (in my living room, stupid rain) and voilá. I was too excited to let it dry overnight before photographing it, so please don't mind the painting tarp under it. I can't wait to put all my junkmail,car keys, diet coke cans and dinner plates on this baby! 



5 comments:

  1. It is an absolute necessity to antique the edges. I am well pleased with this project. I wish I had an apartment to make my own furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO great! I love it! I follow a great crafting blog called No Biggie. You'll have to check it out (nobiggie.net). Also, have you heard of Pinterest? It is a great way to visually organize your favorite things that you see on blogs or websites (instead of bookmarking) and share them with others. I'll send you an invite if you're interested in checking it out. For some reason you can only join it through an invite... I love it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Antique= yes. I LOVE antiqued black furniture. I WISH I could go to the DI everyday. I really love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you are my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete