4.25.2011

Refashionista:Unmentionables.

So I have a really hard time throwing things away that I think could be used for ANYTHING else. This is especially true with clothing of any sort. Old jeans can become new shorts. Old skirts/dresses into a purse. You picking up what I'm putting down? The other day I went to Nordstroms with my Aunt and I found a cute headband. The problem is I am cursed with being horribly cheap and I could not bring myself to pay $8 for the tiny piece of cloth. Instead I found a pair of some old unmentionables (For my church friends, old as in 2008) and sewed them into a cute, new headband! Would you look at that?!




I made Kor try it on and Kai Kai really wanted to be in the picture!
I joined  Refashion Nation  (Thanks Ashley) and you are supposed to upcycle at least three things a month, which I pretty much do on a daily basis. I think everyone should try it out, you might even love it. 


Waste not!

4 comments:

  1. I do love your mad upcycling skills Sharon, however, the head band does kind of look like you're wearing panties on your head :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah! I love this. (I apologize for monopolizing your blog with comments, I had some catching up to do!)

    ReplyDelete