11.23.2010

The most festive thing we've probably ever done...

We are not huge fans of Christmas. It's so materialized and stressful. We knew we weren't going to waste our time getting a tree because we are going to Utah for Christmas, plus it's such a hassle. But I had a flash of inspiration while at our favorite thrift store today and said to Kory, "I have an idea, I am being serious so don't laugh." Then I tried to explain my vision of a lampshade Christmas tree. To my surprise Kor was totally down for my project and even picked out the lamp shades. They were about a dollar each! Score. We handmade the satin flowers, that's right WE. What a sport Kory is. I love you baby. Oh, did I mention we had yet another snow day?!


Before the madness.



We love our little, lampshade tree. It suits us. 

3 comments:

  1. Very well done! I'm so excited you're coming for Christmas, we will have to get together if you guys aren't super busy :)

    ReplyDelete